Preparation for Sigmoidoscopy
- Please have available your pharmacy information so the necessary prescriptions may be called in.
- If the procedure is not confirmed, we may be required to change your procedure time/date.
- No solid food or milk products.
- Clear liquids are allowed throughout the entire day.
- If you take diabetes pills or insulin, take 1⁄2 of your dose.
- Continue to take all your regular medications unless directed otherwise.
- Complete steps 1-4 using one 6-ounce bottle of SUPREP solution starting at ____________.
- You may continue drinking clear liquids until you go to bed.
- The morning of: you are allowed to have clear liquids only.
- Repeat and complete steps 1-4 using the second 6-ounce bottle of SUPREP solution starting at _________.
- Do not take any diabetes pills or insulin the morning of your procedure.
- Only take prescription medication for blood pressure, heart problems or seizures at least 4 HOURS before your procedure.
- Continue clear liquids until 4 HOURS before your procedure.
- You will receive sedation and need someone to drive you.
Please call our office:
– If you are not feeling well; fever, flu symptoms, sore throat, etc…
– If you have unanswered questions
– If you need special assistance or wheelchair availability
– If cancellation is necessary, 48 hours notice is required or a $200 fee will apply
*If the procedure is not confirmed, we may be required to change your procedure time/date.*